Live Happy San Diego... Our Workday De-Stressers!
Need a post-work Detox? Spa L’Auberge has some weekday wellness recommendations for you.
On your way home, (whether walking, biking, driving or sitting in traffic), take three deep breaths and think about 3 POSITIVE things that happened today. It could be lunch with good company, someone complimented you on a project you’ve been working on, or you helped out a coworker, etc. …just three things. Then turn your concentration to one great thing you are going home to. This could dinner, children, a TV show, or putting on your comfy clothes. Affirmative thoughts can naturalize any negative activity and increase positive outcomes. Do these for one week and you will soon find that Life is Good!
Some physical enhancements to this method would be:
- Keep Essential Oil In Your Car - put a couple drops on a tissue and place it in the vent. We like Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax essential oil (available at Spa L’Auberge).
- Heat Your Neck & Shoulders – just five minutes will release tension; this is great for those of us that type all day. Take a nice hot shower when you get home, letting the water run on the back of your neck.
- Stretch - let go of the muscles that are holding on tight to your full day’s work. A couple yoga poses when you get home can work wonders.
- Kick Off Those Shoes - rub your feet and toes with a peppermint lotion to increase circulation and relaxation then cover your feet up with a pair of socks to secure that extra moisture.
- Hydrate – often, we pump ourselves up with caffeine and energy drinks throughout the day to keep our body going, but it’s important to drink water to hydrate your body. Day-spa-it at home with your own infused water simply by adding some fresh cut fruit to your H₂O.
- Gratitude – it’s the number one cure to stress! Tell someone you love or appreciate them; we all have challenges that are hard to meet and maintain, remember that we have a choice in how we handle each day and sometimes the tough stuff teach us to be grateful for all sorts of people, places and things elsewhere in our lives.