Sweet Seaside Memories
From dining to weddings, we are sharing all of the latest and greatest happenings at L'Auberge Del Mar on L'Blog, and we want your input too! Share anything you like, from your favorite L'Auberge experience to a fun Del Mar happening. We'd love to hear from you.
February 28, 2014
Our 5 Favorite Things To Do in San Diego Stormy Weather
- Order Room Service and a Movie – Cozy up by the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa, tea or an Irish coffee, yum.
- Hop in the Hot Tub- Our year round warm weather in Del Mar almost makes it seem silly that we have one, but when there is a day that’s chilly we’re sure glad we do.
- Watch the Kite Surfers along the Coast – When the winds pick up, so does the local kite boarding action! Find yourself entertained for hours with the extreme acrobatics of this ocean sport.
- Make it a Spa Day – Always looking for an excuse to be pampered? Us too. We’re dreaming of Spa L’Auberge’s Hot Stone Massage and MoroccanOil Body Wrap!
- Look for Rainbows – A storm is fun for us because it’s something out of the ordinary at our Southern California beach resort; we know it won’t be around for long and when the weather clears we get treated to a plethora of rainbows by the sea.
February 20, 2014
Real Winter Wedding in Del Mar
The L’Auberge Del Mar Wedding Team would love to share with you a real wedding held here on December 21, 2013; Asydea and Nathan’s Winter Solstice Soiree! With a perfect dusk ceremony on the Sunset Terrace followed by cocktails and dinner on our Pacific Terrace, this wedding was an exquisite starry night by the sea, full of design touches.
February 04, 2014
Live Happy San Diego... Our Workday De-Stressers!
Need a post-work Detox? Spa L’Auberge has some weekday wellness recommendations for you.
On your way home, (whether walking, biking, driving or sitting in traffic), take three deep breaths and think about 3 POSITIVE things that happened today. It could be lunch with good company, someone complimented you on a project you’ve been working on, or you helped out a coworker, etc. …just three things. Then turn your concentration to one great thing you are going home to. This could dinner, children, a TV show, or putting on your comfy clothes. Affirmative thoughts can naturalize any negative activity and increase positive outcomes. Do these for one week and you will soon find that Life is Good!
Some physical enhancements to this method would be:
- Keep Essential Oil In Your Car - put a couple drops on a tissue and place it in the vent. We like Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax essential oil (available at Spa L’Auberge).
- Heat Your Neck & Shoulders – just five minutes will release tension; this is great for those of us that type all day. Take a nice hot shower when you get home, letting the water run on the back of your neck.
- Stretch - let go of the muscles that are holding on tight to your full day’s work. A couple yoga poses when you get home can work wonders.
- Kick Off Those Shoes - rub your feet and toes with a peppermint lotion to increase circulation and relaxation then cover your feet up with a pair of socks to secure that extra moisture.
- Hydrate – often, we pump ourselves up with caffeine and energy drinks throughout the day to keep our body going, but it’s important to drink water to hydrate your body. Day-spa-it at home with your own infused water simply by adding some fresh cut fruit to your H₂O.
- Gratitude – it’s the number one cure to stress! Tell someone you love or appreciate them; we all have challenges that are hard to meet and maintain, remember that we have a choice in how we handle each day and sometimes the tough stuff teach us to be grateful for all sorts of people, places and things elsewhere in our lives.