YOURS, MINE AND OURS THIS VALENTINE’S DAY AT L’AUBERGE DEL MAR’S KITCHEN 1540
Del Mar, Calif.- January 24, 2012- L’Auberge Del Mar’s KITCHEN 1540 will delight couples this Valentine’s Day with an exquisite dinner menu designed to fan the flames of romance. The restaurant’s Yours, Mine and Ours Valentine’s Day dinner menu features a duo of five-course menus: one created just for you, the other just for your guest. And, because we all love sweet endings, dinner concludes with a dessert made for two.
Guests can choose from either the “Yours” menu or the “Mine” menu, which include:
• Diver Scallop with Crispy Rice, Toasted Nori, Ponzu, and Shiso
• Asparagus Velouté with 62 Degree Egg, Black Truffle, and Porcini Chicharrón
• Artic Char with Char Roe, Foraged Mushrooms, Bone Marrow, and Pea Vines
• KobeBeef Cheeks with Celery Root Purée, Cipolline Onion, and Beet Greens
• Day Boat Scallop Crudo with Miso Uni Noodles and Hiramasa Consommé
• Cipolline Velouté with Black Truffle, Onion Gelée, and Puffed Gruyere
• BerkshirePork Cheeks with Root Beer Molasses and Pickled Mustard Seeds
• Wild Striped Bass with House Chorizo, Scallion Nage, and Baby Octopus
Dinner concludes with the “Ours” menu that is a decadent Callebaut Chocolate dessert with Champagne Marshmallows, Doughnut Holes, Éclairs and Local Strawberries.
The Valentine’s Day menu is $75 per person. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 858-259-1515.
Love by the Sea
Couples can extend their romantic evening with the hotel’s Love by the Sea romance package. Starting at $599 per night, the package includes the Valentine’s dinner at KITCHEN 1540, a rose petal turndown and breakfast in bed with mimosas the next morning. For reservations, visit www.laubergedelmar.com and enter promo code: LOVE.
Located in the heart of Southern California’s most picturesque coastal villageof DelMar, L'Auberge Del Mar overlooks the Pacific Ocean and offers a resort experience reminiscent of a private, coastal estate. Managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, this historic seaside hotel offers 120 guest rooms and suites, refreshing dining options, a cheerful and cozy spa, a private path to the beach and peaceful pool area. The award-winning, signature restaurant, KITCHEN 1540, blends energy and intrigue with a fresh, lively atmosphere. The restaurant’s extensive offerings meld the classic and the unexpected, making KITCHEN 1540 something one simply has to try when dining in DelMar. For more information, please visit www.laubergedelmar.com or www.destinationhotels.com