Just the facts…and they’re pretty fabulous.
This California beach resort sets a new standard in coastal hospitality. Reminiscent of a private, coastal estate, the resort's mantra "relaxing by day and spirited by night" encapsulates the experience.
- Among Travel & Leisure Magazine's World's Best Resorts
- AAA Four Diamond Property
- Meetings West, "Best of the West" Award
- Ranked among the "Best Luxury Resorts" in the country by Condé Nast and named to the Condé Nast Gold List
Executive Architect: Josph Wong Design Associates, San Diego, CA
Landscape Architect: Whitin Design Works, Laguna Beach, CA
Interior Design: Barclay Butera Inc., Newport Beach, CA
L'Auberge Del Mar is located in the heart of Southern California's most picturesque coastal village of Del Mar in San Diego's North County. The hotel is situated on 5.2 acres of gracefully landscaped grounds with a private pathway to one of the best beaches in California, making it the perfect destination for a romantic getaway. It is 20 minutes north of the San Diego International Airport and 90 minutes south of Los Angeles.
The hotel is located on the historic site of the original Stratford Inn, which eventually became the original Hotel Del Mar - a favorite hot spot for Hollywood film stars. Del Mar is also nationally known for its racetrack and fairgrounds.
120 deluxe guest rooms, including 7 luxurious suites, all offering village, garden and/or coastal views in a modern, beach cottage setting.
- Many offer fireplaces, private patios and/or balconies
- Wireless high-speed internet access
- Full marble bathrooms with spa amenities and signature bathrobes for use during your stay
- Custom beds & plush duvets
- In-room coffee service and fully stocked refreshment center
- iPod docking station
- Hair Dryer
- 42" LCD flat screen television with HD channeling
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary daily newspaper delivery
Petite pooches 15 lbs. and under are welcomed by resident pooch Sofie who has worked tirelessly with L'Auberge's leadership team to allow petite, lovable pooches like her to stay with their owners when visiting the resort.
KITCHEN 1540: L'Auberge's award-winning, signature restaurant blends energy and intrigue with a fresh, lively atmosphere. The design is modern feeling and comfortable. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Design elements include an open presentation kitchen, contemporary table settings, a private dining room wrapped in wine-encased walls, an inviting charcuterie and wine bar with 24-bottle Cruvinet which doubles as a dining counter, and a spectacular white vaulted ceiling that opens onto a series of attractive outdoor dining and lounging areas.
Restaurant Designer - Andre Kokoski Architect, PLLC, New York, NY
Lobby Bar: This popular place for locals features live music Thursday through Saturday.
Waterfall Terrace Restaurant: Casual, comfortable and outside, this relaxed setting offers a peaceful ocean view setting to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Bleu Bar: Located adjacent to the pool, Bleu Bar has a hip vibe both day and night. Libations can be enjoyed at the bar, or in the company of others gathered around the fire feature.
The full-service European spa offers massages, facials, body treatments, manicures and pedicures. The 5,000 square foot oasis includes 10 treatment rooms, a couple's suite and lovely outdoor relaxation areas. The spa uses a unique collection of organic and vegan product lines as well as its own custom line of spa products.
The popular signature treatments titled "Seaside Sojourns" feature ingredients and techniques from exotic regions around the world including the Amazon, Polynesia, Africa and Asia.
Spa Designer - Cary Collier, Blu Spas, Inc., Whitefish, MT
Meetings & Events
Over 12,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor meeting space with an additional 2,000 square feet ocean view, outdoor event space. Capability to accommodate groups up to 300 people.
- Two ballrooms with terraces
- Six distinct meeting rooms, most with connecting terraces and windows
- An extraordinary selection of ocean view wedding venues
- Access (available by permit) to two seaside parks, within walking distance, for themed and catered events
- High-speed internet access and in-house audio-visual services
- Business center
- Outdoor whirlpool spa and leisure pool with ocean view and cabanas
- Outdoor heated lap pool
- Fitness center offering weight and aerobic equipment
- Two lighted championship tennis courts for individual or mini-tournament play. Tennis pro available for private, semi-private and group lessons.
- Beautifully landscaped footpath to Del Mar Beach
- Del Mar Plaza, located directly across the street, offers world-class shopping, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and entertainment.
- Championship golf, Del Mar Racetrack, polo fields and a variety of San Diego attractions are just a short drive away.
- Nearby activities include: hiking, swimming, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing, whale watching, sailing, hot air ballooning and more.
San Diego offers the country's most temperate year round climate:
DEC - MAR (High 68° , Low 45°)
APR - MAY (High 74° , Low 50°)
JUN - SEP (High 85° , Low 60°)
OCT - NOV (High 78° , Low 55°)