Our luxury California beach resort sets a new standard in coastal hospitality. Reminiscent of a private, coastal estate, the resort's mantra "relaxing by day, stylish by night" encapsulates the experience.
- Among Travel & Leisure Magazine's World's Best Resorts
- Top 3 Best Hotels in San Diego, U.S. News & World Report
- AAA Four Diamond Property
- Tripadvisor, "GreenLeader" Award
- Meetings West, "Best of the West" Award
- Ranked among the "Best Luxury Resorts" and "Top 25 Spas" in the country by Condé Nast and named to the Condé Nast Gold List
Executive Architect: Josph Wong Design Associates, San Diego, CA
Landscape Architect: Whitin Design Works, Laguna Beach, CA
Interior Design: Barclay Butera Inc., Newport Beach, CA
L'Auberge Del Mar is located in the heart of Southern California's most picturesque coastal village of Del Mar in San Diego's North County. The luxury resort is situated on 5.2 acres of gracefully landscaped grounds with a private pathway to one of the best beaches in California, making it the perfect destination for a beach getaway. It is 20 minutes north of the San Diego International Airport and 90 minutes south of Los Angeles. The hotel is located on the historic site of the Stratford Inn, which eventually became the original Hotel Del Mar - a favorite hot spot for Hollywood film stars. Del Mar is also nationally known for its racetrack and fairgrounds.
- Fireplaces, private patios, and/or balconies
- Full marble bathrooms with spa amenities and signature bathrobes for use during your stay
- Plush beds and cozy duvets
- In-room coffee service and fully stocked refreshment center
- iPod docking station
- Hair Dryer
- 42" LCD flat screen television with HD channeling
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Wi Fi
Petite pooches 15 lbs. and under are welcomed by resident pooch Sofie. Pet amenities and services can be arranged through the Concierge.
KITCHEN 1540: L'Auberge's award-winning, signature restaurant blends energy and intrigue with an innovative, seasonally-driven menu. To further the experience, the restaurant offers an extensive wine list, full bar and specialty cocktails. The design is modern feeling and comfortable. A spacious outdoor patio allows guests to enjoy ocean breezes and features private cabanas for intimate dining. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Restaurant Designer - Andre Kokoski Architect, PLLC, New York, NY
KITCHEN 1540 has garnered numerous awards including such prestigious honors as Wine Spectator Magazine: Award of Excellence; CA Restaurant Association: Gold Medallion - Best Hotel Restaurant, Fine Dining; San Diego Magazine: Best Hotel Restaurant; and Ranch & Coast Magazine: Editor's Pick for Best Restaurant.
Living Room Bar: Located in the well-appointed Living Room of L'Auberge Del Mar, this popular bar features L'Happy Hour Sunday through Thursday and live music on Friday and Saturday nights.
Waterfall Terrace Restaurant: Casual, comfortable and outside, this relaxed setting offers a peaceful ocean view to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in the San Diego sunshine.
Bleu Bar: Located adjacent to the main pool, Bleu Bar has a hip vibe both day and night. Libations can be enjoyed at the bar, or in the company of others gathered around the fire feature. Bleu Bar is the place to see and be seen in Del Mar.
The full-service, award-winning ocean inspired wellness spa offers massages, facials and body treatments, as well as waxing and nail services. The 5,000 square foot oasis includes 10 treatment rooms, a couple's suite and inviting indoor and outdoor relaxation areas. Spa L'Auberge's menu focuses on results-oriented, natural treatments while continuing to draw inspiration from the hotel's California coastal location.
Spa Designer - Cary Collier, Blu Spas, Inc., Whitefish, MT
Meetings & Events
Over 14,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor meeting space with an additional 2,000 square feet ocean view, outdoor event space. We have the capability to accommodate groups up to 300 people.
- Two ballrooms with complimenting outdoor terraces
- Six distinct meeting rooms, most with connecting terraces and windows
- An extraordinary selection of ocean view wedding venues
- Access (by permit) to two seaside parks, Powerhouse Community Center, Del Mar Surf Station, and private estate L'Auberge Del Norte, all within walking distance, for themed and catered events
- Wi-Fi and in-house audio-visual services
- Business Center
- Outdoor whirlpool spa and leisure pool with ocean view and cabanas
- Outdoor heated lap pool
- 24-hour fitness center
- Two lighted championship tennis courts for individual or mini-tournament play. Private, semi-private and group lessons available
- Beautifully landscaped footpath to Del Mar Beach
- Del Mar Plaza, located directly across the street, offers world-class shopping, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and entertainment
- Torrey Pines State Reserve and Del Mar Racetrack within walking distance
- Championship golf, polo fields and a variety of top San Diego attractions are just a short drive away
- Nearby activities include: hiking, swimming, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing, whale watching, sailing, hot air ballooning and more.
San Diego offers the country's most temperate year round climate:
DEC - MAR (High 68° , Low 48°)
APR - MAY (High 74° , Low 56°)
JUN - SEP (High 85° , Low 65°)
OCT - NOV (High 78° , Low 57°)