STAY SAFE, START LIVING
Your health is our utmost priority. The L’Auberge Del Mar team is committed to protecting the wellbeing of our guests and team members by providing a comfortable and safe environment. Our team has been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and we’re taking every precaution to protect our guests, community, and staff. We have made several adjustments to our hotel operations to ensure your safety.
Our team has diligently implemented all safety precautions recommended by the CDC and in accordance with state and county guidelines. Even so, it is impossible to eliminate all risks of exposure to infectious disease. If you have specific questions or concerns that are not addressed in the materials provided, please direct them to Bob Gregson, General Manager, at email@example.com or 858-793-6401.
Due to our heightened safety measures, some facilities or services may not be available, but we’re committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible with our award-winning service. These are our enhancements to our current cleanliness standards:
Guest Check-In: 4:00pm
Pool: Temporarily closed
Fitness Center: Temporarily closed
Dining: Outdoor seating and to-go orders available
Spa: Temporarily closed
Room Service: To-go orders are available
Please keep your mouth and nose covered while in public spaces. County regulations require all people in Del Mar to wear masks inside or in line for any retail or commercial business.
- Plexiglass dividers installed at the front desk.
- Physical distancing required while in line.
- Hand sanitizer and extra masks are provided upon request.
Keeping Your Distance
- Seating in all public areas, pool, and lounges is positioned at least six feet apart.
- We recommend that all guests strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- Social distancing is practiced by all associates on property.
- All property outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Stairwells and alternatives to elevators are clearly marked and open for guest use.
PPE & Hand Sanitizer
- Individual Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits containing disposable sanitizing wipes, gloves, disposable masks, and personal hand sanitizer will be available upon request.
- Appropriate PPE is worn by all associates based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves are worn by all housekeeping attendants.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are placed at all guest and associate entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobby, restaurant, meeting and convention spaces, and elevator landing areas.
Lobby & Public Areas
- High touch areas, including but not limited to doors, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, public phones, public furniture, remote controls, signature pads, credit card readers, and drinking stations are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
- High traffic areas including but not limited to entryways, hallways, and elevators are cleaned and sanitized routinely.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- All reception areas (front desk, host stand, spa desk, etc.) are wiped down between every guest interaction.
- BEFORE YOUR STAY
Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure.
- For our guests’ safety, we’ve eliminated certain amenities such as magazines and menus.
- Used linen is folded and bagged in each guest room (staff never shakes towels or sheets in the room to avoid releasing any particles into the air).
- Housekeeping leverages partnerships with national vendors on best cleaning practices, tools, and supplies. Ecolab
- Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner Chemical is utilized for sanitation on all hard and non-porous surfaces.
- Increased attention to thorough vacuuming of rugs and sanitation of floors, including low-traffic and hard-to-reach surfaces.
DURING YOUR STAY
- We have eliminated automatic daily housekeeping services.
- However, you can request housekeeping service for the same day by 3pm by contacting the Front Desk.
- Masks required to enter and exit Coastline, The Living Room Bar and Bleu Bar
- Seating at Coastline is all outdoors and is positioned at least six feet apart to ensure proper physical distancing
- Tables, chairs, and all tabletop items will be sanitized after each guests’ dining experience
- To-go orders are available through The Living Room bar or Coastline restaurant
- At this time, we are following state restrictions and our fitness center is temporarily closed.
- At this time, we are following state restrictions and will not be offering any services in the Spa L’Auberge.
Pools & Hot Tubs
Down at the pool, we’ve removed half of the lounge furniture to keep the occupancy lower. We also have dedicated security monitoring the pool on the weekends as well as a housekeeper sanitizing all the furniture after a guest departs from the pool area. The hot tub will remain closed until further notice.
We are offering full-service valet parking for $42 per night, but if you prefer to self-park we also have that option available for $25 per night.
ENDLESS OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
We understand that you want to experience more than the resort when you travel. We also know that venturing out looks a little different than it used to. These are our tips for making the most of Del Mar while also caring for your personal health and safety.
Many of our favorite area experiences are available during your stay, including scenic rides through the Village of Del Mar or down iconic Highway 101 on one of our complimentary Electra bikes. Or make a racquet on one of our two well-lit tennis courts! All necessary equipment is provided. Our surf partner, Fulcrum Surf, is still offering private lessons, just visit our concierge to get your lesson scheduled.
Del Mar Village
Explore our coastal village filled with history and a beloved Old Hollywood vibe, or do like the locals do and pack a beach picnic or shop the day away at the Del Mar Plaza. Or stroll down our private footpath to be transported directly to the water’s edge; your getaway, your speed.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens. We are working with our vendors, distribution partners, and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of cleaning supplies and necessary PPE.
Your peace of mind is important to us – if you have additional questions or concerns please reach out to Bob Gregson, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-793-6401.
For more information on COVID-19 and the latest national guidelines, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. State Department’s page regarding COVID-19, or your local health authority.
ASSOCIATE & GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
Our associates have clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health officials.
Associates are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are trained on how to handle encountering guests or associates exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with public health officials and follow their recommended actions.